The summers in many places including Tucson, AZ can get to be over 100 degrees.
In Tucson we’ve come to accept this and consider a few months of heat a price that’s worth the beautiful moderate winter and honestly it’s not that bad.
We do a lot of different things in Tucson to stay cool, for example:
- Eat a lot of fruits and veggies
- Air conditioning
- Wake up early to hike and enjoy outdoor activities
- Wear cotton and loose fitting clothing
One thing that is always nice to have on hand to keep overheating at bay is a nice cooling spray! This recipe is simple and works so well.
Cooling Spray Recipe
- Aloe Vera Gel 1/4 cup (Find one with No Preservatives …or You could even collect our own if you have an aloe plant)
- Peppermint Essential Oil 2-3 drops (*Optional add 10 drops lavender essential oil as well)
- Witch Hazel 1/4 cup
Directions: Combine in a glass spray bottle and shake. Use to cool down or on sunburn and bug bites.